- Elite Squad‘s bats were strong against Palm Beach Marlins on Thursday, but it wasn’t enough as Elite Squad fell 12-6.
- The Elite Squad struggled to contain the high-powered offense of Palm Beach Marlins, giving up 12 runs.
- Elite Squad scored three runs in the sixth inning. Elite Squad‘s big inning was driven by a walk by Carmine Mercadante, a single by David Smigelski, and by Raul Guillermo.
- Mario Garcia was the winning pitcher for Palm Beach Marlins. The bulldog went three and two-thirds innings, allowing three runs on four hits, striking out six and walking one. Michael Ramirez and Raymond Sanchez entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief.
- Gabriel Sjostrom took the loss for Elite Squad. Sjostrom allowed seven hits and eight runs over two and two-thirds innings, striking out two.
- Elite Squad scattered eight hits in the game. Smigelski and Stephen Bartolotta each collected multiple hits for Elite Squad. Smigelski went 3-for-4 at the plate to lead Elite Squad in hits.
- Palm Beach Marlins racked up 11 hits in the game. Lermit Pages, Angel Diaz, Luis Castillo, and Ihosvany Castaneda each had multiple hits for Palm Beach Marlins.
- “Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2021. All rights reserved.” Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.
Nothing came easy for Elite Squad on Wednesday, as they fell 10-2 to Juno Beach Loggerheads. Juno Beach